Monday, April 1, 2013

And the time draws ever nearer...

Happy April everyone!! Hoping everyone has had a blessed Easter and Spring break. Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately but I had my boys home for 9 days straight for Spring Break...needless to say I wasn't able to access my computer much...lol. But Monday is here, kiddos are back in school and it's time for business as usual.

Hard to believe that it is April already...and Mother Nature is still being a pill and though we had nice weather here in Ohio on Saturday for my long run (9.8 miles) Ohio's weather is a bit bipolar and Old Man Winter is being a cantankerous old coot. Weather channel is calling for snow today, and by the feel of the air I wouldn't be at all surprised. Which means I may end up doing a run at the track at Kids America  unless it shapes up. While I've been typing this it has already been dark and gloomy, and now the sun is trying to peek out...see what I mean!?!? Ohio - the bipolar weather state....geesh!!

And now since it is April that means I have just little over a month before the Capital City Half Marathon. I'm excited, yet quite a bit scared. Training these last couple weeks has honestly not been good. As I mentioned in my last post my left hip has been giving me fits. Still is to some degree, not quite as bad as it was, but just as annoying. My shorter runs were much shorter than I would have liked and my past long run this past Saturday I was dying by mile 8....the only thing that carried me through that run was running by the post office and seeing my hubby outside cheering me on...gave me enough oomph to get me home...which is all I wanted to do. I would have tried for a full 10 miles, but those extra .2 miles just seemed like forever for me. 9.8 was plenty. So needless to say I've been a bit disappointed in my training lately. Hoping this isn't a precursor of things to come....right now my goal is just to get over that finish line...nothing else. I'll just be happy with that. Though I have to admit that I think the drudgery of Saturday's run was partly to blame on Friday's workout. I did a 45 minute Nike Training Club workout that included quite a few squats....I think that is why towards the end of my run my legs were screaming to say the least!! Though I also must say, the Yoga exercises that I've been doing has really helped, especially with my hip. Makes it a bit more bearable. Let me tell you...it is heck getting old....don't do it...if you can, avoid it at all costs!! I wish I would have taken up this sport a long time ago...maybe it would be a little easier.

So now that Spring is officially here (I use that phrase loosely considering our weather)...that means race season is upon us. YAY!! I have my first official 5K of 2013 here in about 3 weeks, the First Step 5K then the following weekend after that is the Rabbit Run 5K which my youngest son is going to run the 1 mile fun run...so excited for him. Then the weekend after that believe it or not is my half marathon...YIKES!! Three race weekends in a row....momma is gonna need a good massage or something after all that...lol!! So excited though to hopefully get some warmer weather soon...hear that Mother Nature??

Well gonna close for now...so what are your Spring plans?? Is there a race or two in your future??

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment