Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The lesser of two evils

So now that I'm finally over my wonderful head cold, half marathon training is back into full swing. Needless to say I missed out on the wonderful weather we had Monday (which was to be my long run day) and because of this lovely Ohio weather, ended up at the boring track at KA yesterday. However the boredom wasn't so terrible because I got to do it with my friend Jess Gress. Overall it was a great run and she kept me moving (I'm a tad bit older than her...ok a good bit). I have to be honest and say I felt that workout, but it was good. And I would love to tell you how far we went, but unfortunately I again forgot to hit my Nike+ app and then when I did it wasn't working properly. So I'm guessing we did between 4-5 miles. It was a decent run after not running for over 3 days.

So last night we were expecting a lot of snow....needless to say we didn't get it. And not that I'm upset....I am SO ready for Spring already! However where Jess teaches their school was cancelled today so we had the rare opportunity to do a day run together. We had the option....go back to Kids America or do an outside run. Though we didn't get the snow they called for we did have less than an inch and it was wet and cold. So we had to make a decision...boring track or cold outdoors. Needless to say I got my big girl panties on and we decided to run outside which was truly the best option. Yes, it was cold, but not overly bad and yes I had to sidestep a few puddles but overall a good run. I ended up making it my long run and clocked 8.55 miles...though it was probably closer to 9 because I tried using my Nike+ app again and it wasn't registering correctly so I'm thinking my sensor is dying....which I was just at Easton at the Apple store a couple weeks ago and something told me to pick up a new sensor...kicking myself for not doing that. So I ended up using my Nike+ GPS app, which works fine...it just really sucks up the battery life on my iPod. Much prefer using the sensor. So until I can get another new sensor I guess the NIke GPS app will have to do...just hope the weather stays nice because the GPS app doesn't like the track :(.

Well I'm just glad to finally get back out there after being sick, the fact I found someone to run with and here's hoping that Spring is around the corner. Gonna be a good girl now and eat a cup of yogurt with some strawberries and a little granola....though I really would love to crumble my Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies on it instead....I'm gonna be good. So how is your training going??

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment