Friday, March 8, 2013

Hello sunshine :)

As I rub my eyes and look outside, I'm wondering what that bright warm light is in the sky....could it be.....sunshine???

If you live in the snow area of the country, you may be feeling this too. The wonderful thing about Ohio weather I have found is if you wait 5 minutes it will change...which is usually the case. But regardless...I took advantage of this nice, sunny (though not overly warm) day and ventured out on a glorious 3.8 mile run. I decided to do my normal what I call my "school run". Though it was a little chilly at first, I quickly warmed up and it was good! A little sluggish at first. Legs still felt pretty heavy, but once I got that fresh air pumping through my lungs it went so much better.

So I hear that we are supposed to get to almost 60 degrees on Sunday....here's hoping...I love this time of year for running....not too hot, not too cold....it's almost prefect.

So this time of year also means race season is quickly approaching and surprisingly I already have a pretty decent schedule going...here's what I have planned so far for 2013:

April
Saturday April 20th - The First Step 5K - I've done this race before, but this year they are doing an evening run...this will be my first evening run so we'll see how that goes. It meanders through the streets of Coshocton and benefits a great cause too.

Saturday April 27th - Third Annual Ridgewood Elementary 5K Rabbit Run - This will be my second race in this area...nice flat course so makes for pretty decent times. They are also having a kids 1 mile fun run that my son wants to do...start them young right??

May
Saturday May 4th - Capital City Half Marathon - this is the big one. My first half marathon...hard to believe that it's coming up so quickly!!

June
Saturday June 8th - Kingwood Center 5K - Though I haven't signed up for this one quite yet, I am seriously considering it since we have family there and it would be a great opportunity to visit.

Saturday June 22nd - The Indian Mud Run - This is my first obstacle run....it's done on the trail I run on frequently but they do some pretty intense obstacles. I'm not gonna lie that I'm a little intimidated by it...but regardless I think it's gonna be fun!!

July
Saturday July 20th - The Color Run - a group of us are taking part in the "Happiest 5K on Earth". This one looks like so much fun!! Doubt there will be much running going on, but I am positive there will be tons of fun to be had :)

August
Date to be announced - Coshocton Firefighters MDA 5K - This will be my third year doing this race...and I'm kind of partial to it as it was the first 5K race I ever ran three years ago. My how time flies. It's usually held the first weekend in August.

Date to be announced - New Life Ministries Feed the Need 5K - Did this one last year with my church family. Not such an easy course either. But it benefits a great cause in our area. I was told they were moving this to August this year.

October (I know...what about September??? Haven't found anything for September)
Saturday October 5th - Cleveland Rock & Roll Half Marathon - Now this one depends on whether or not I liked doing the Capital City one in May. I'm hoping I do because this one sounds like a bunch of fun too! Running and music...sounds like a win win to me :)

So that's pretty much it so far....seems like a pretty full schedule to me...I'm sure we'll probably slip a few more in there as the year goes on....

...so what are your race plans for the year???

Have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment