Saturday, March 2, 2013

On the move...

So unfortunately my regular blog seems to have gotten hacked and at this moment I have no idea how to fix it, so I thought it would honestly be better to have a separate blog for my running adventures since it seems to be such a big part of me right now...so here we go :)

As many of you know I am in the thick of my Cap City Half Marathon training. There is about 64 days left in training and it has had its good, bad and ugly moments.

Wednesday I went for a run at our local track at Kids America. Ended up doing speed intervals...hadn't done them for a couple weeks because of the pain in my foot, but these went well...the running went well anyway. However silly me forgot to hit the go button on my Nike+ app and thus I'm guessing about 3+ miles into my intervals were unrecorded...was pretty mad about that. Again, those things that just don't go right...and it happens. Not every run is great, not every run is smooth. So if you use the Nike + app...remember to hit the green button BEFORE you run...lol. Guess I was just so excited to get out there...lol!

So Friday I had to do another run at Kids America because of the lovely cold weather. I know...I can't believe last year I was running in this cold yucky weather...this year, I'm such a wimp. Anyway, I remembered to push my happy green button on my iPod this time and did almost 4 miles. Was really crunching for time because I went grocery shopping and ran errands and by the time I got to KA it was after 2 p.m. I usually pick up the boys around 2:35ish. Yea, I was a bad mom....I was late. Let my boys stand in the cold for about 5-10 minutes...I am the worst mommy ever! But I got it done...and though it wasn't an overly fast run or spectacular, it got done and that's all that matters.

Been also working diligently on my cross training to this week. Been working on my Nike Training Club app. And though the workouts aren't overly long, they do kick my tush. I don't know if it's because of all the running I'm doing along with the cross training, but I tell ya I've been dragging this week. I may have to figure something out to boost my energy....of course if this weather ever breaks I think that might help a little. These gray dreary days are really getting to me. We need some sun and warmth soon!

Before I close I want to share a little tip with ya. Recently I went to the doctor because I was having some heart palpitations. Come to find out that they think my electrolytes were low because of my increased training. Now I'm not one much for those sports drinks...I mean I'll drink them, but not overly fond of them nor am I found of the ingredients found in them that I can't pronounce. So I recently found this recipe on Pinterest for a homemade sports drink and all I can say is I'm in love!! Not only is this recipe 4 simple ingredients, but it is all things I usually have in my home and no weird ingredients. You can find the recipe here: Homemade Sports Drink. I've been using this drink for about a week now and since then I have had barely any heart palpitations and it tastes great! I guess you can use different fruit juices if you like. I may try lemon juice next, but for now I'm loving the orange juice. Give it a try and let me know what you think. For me I'm all about natural easy recipes and saving money. Making this is so much cheaper than $1.00 a bottle for Gatorade.

Well I'm gonna close for now...have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment