Monday, March 4, 2013

...and there will be disappointments

As I sit here sniffling and hacking amongst a box of tissues, a bottle of Mucinex and OJ, I'm suddenly reminded that not everything in life goes the way as planned...and that maybe the old wives tale about March coming in like a lion doesn't necessarily pertain to just the weather. 

My oldest son shared his cold with me, bless his heart...and unfortunately I haven't been able to run since Friday. Saturday was my day off because I had so much going on that day, and I had thought about running on Sunday, but Saturday night I just wasn't feeling that great and I woke up Sunday with a lovely head cold. Thing is I was scheduled to sing in church on Sunday...this was the second time I had tried to sing the song I picked...the first time I was scheduled to do it I was stranded in Columbus by the snow. But I was determined to get this song out. To make a long story short, God was definitely with me and I was luckily able to get through it.

Fast forward to today. I was so hoping I would feel better today. Looking at the weekly forecast for this week I knew today would be probably the only day I'd be able to get outside (Again the whole March coming in like a lion...). They are expecting 2-4 inches of snow total between Tuesday and Wednesday...And today was to be my long run. Needless to say my heart was very willing, but my body just said no. For fear of making my cold worse (it only got to 37 degrees today) I opted to not go run. It was a very hard decision...I felt like a teenager whose was being grounded. It was awful...I'm not saying that I didn't throw a tantrum...no not me. But inevitably this means there is a long run at Kids America most likely in my future this week...bleh. This does NOT make me happy. Luckily it is only a 7 mile run and not a 10 mile, but still 7 miles around a track is so incredibly mind numbing....maybe I could find someone who would be willing to do the mind numbing task with me this week....any takers????

Well needless to say, life gives us speed bumps along the way...here is hoping that this particular speed bump goes away very soon :)

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment