Friday, May 17, 2013

So what happens now???

So it's pretty much almost 2 weeks after my incredible experience with my first half marathon. Though I'm still basking in the thought of the fact that I actually accomplished it and marked that off my happy bucket list, it's time to move forward and people have been asking me..."What's next??"

To be honest I've been asking the same of myself...what now?? After all that training and build up of getting to the half and now that it's over, what is in store now?? Well first of all, and many have asked...I am NOT doing a full marathon anytime soon. I admire those who can pull off that distance and kudos to each one of them..seriously! Honestly I see no marathon in my immediate future..definitely not this year. I'll be honest, training for the half took a lot of time and commitment and the fact that I have three boys that are going to be leaving my nest sooner than I'd like I'm not sure I want to nor have the time to dedicate to training for a full marathon. Maybe someday...and I know I'm not getting any younger, but I've come to a peace that if I do decide to someday, I'll do it, if not...I'm perfectly ok with that too. The marathon is a huge feat, not to be taken lightly...as I learned to respect the distance of the half marathon. I'm not totally ruling out a marathon someday, just not in my immediate future at the moment...and anyway I am perfectly happy with the distance of the half right now and I want to have a few more of those under my belt before I attempt twice the distance. So there...dispelling that rumor.

Right now I have been enjoying just running to just run...no training schedule, no commitment where I HAVE to run 10 miles today...I can run as long as I want, as fast as I want...no worries...and I have loved it immensely! I noticed my runs have gotten progressively better since my half...and I haven't been running as long or as often. It's so much nicer since the pressure is off. And it's nice to say I just don't want to run today. I decided I would give myself 2 weeks of "luxury and rest" and that is about up. After this I plan on just gearing up for a few 5K's and then the Indian Mud Run in June. I'm thinking of gearing up my workouts for the next month and doing a little less running since the mud run incorporates a little muscle for some of the obstacles. We shall see how that goes...cause I love being outdoors and working out usually means being inside. Again we shall see.

So I have a 5K to run tomorrow at the Coshocton Relay for Life and then on Memorial Day I am running the Tallmadge Memorial 5K with my Aunt....we've been wanting to do a race together for a while so this is finally our chance! Can't wait! Then I am still kicking around the Kingwood Center 5K since the hubby has family up there we thought it would be a great time to visit. Then again at the end of June is the Indian Mud Run. Then in July a bunch of us girls are heading to Columbus for The Color Run....should be a blast. Can't wait for that one!! Then in August I'll probably do the MDA Firefighters 5K and then August 17th I'll be doing the Feed the Need 5k/10k...I'll probably do the 10K since I'll be gearing up and be in the thick of my half marathon training for the Rock and Roll Half in Cleveland.

So there you have it...pretty much my next few months in a nutshell. Looks like it's gonna be a busy summer :)

Have a great weekend everyone :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment