Thursday, May 2, 2013

5K's, Half Marathon, and a bundle of nerves.

So this past Saturday I ran my second 5K of the season...the Ridgewood School Rabbit Run 5K. I like running in this particular area because the area is relatively pretty flat. Though I didn't do as well as my last 5K I wasn't far off from my time...only 2 seconds slower...28:24. I'll take it considering I was kind of tired and my lungs felt like they were going to explode...it was starting to get pretty warm. My youngest ran the 1 mile fun run...it's so awesome seeing my boys run :)

So this week I've been doing my first taper...and I must say it was very welcomed...though I understand now what they mean that you're mind will tell you that you need to run....though like I said I was welcoming a little down time. Though my last 2-3 weeks of training have been a little flaky, I think I'm as ready as I'm going to get. Right now I'm just dealing with the nerves...today I have just been on edge and just very nervous. This is probably one of the biggest things I have ever done...it's huge!! I'm kind of glad that the day is finally almost here though. I kind of am looking forward to a little down time and not having to worry about how long I run. My hope after my half though is to maintain some sort of base...keep running my two 3-6 mile runs and then one longer run between 6-10 miles maybe...we shall see how it goes. Though I am seriously thinking of taking it easy these next couple weeks since May is usually so busy for me anyway and just taking that little well deserved breather....then it's on to training for the Indian Mud Run in June.

I have signed up for another 5K for this month. It's the Tallmadge Memorial Day 5K...gonna run it with my Aunt. We've been wanting to do a race together for at least a year...this is the year!! Excited and so nice to spend some time with family.

So I know this is short, but I'm going to try and get that last 3 mile run in tonight...then tomorrow it off to get ready for my first half marathon....eekkk!!

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment