Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It's Beginning To Feel A Lot Like Winter!!

Happy New Year everyone!! Hoping 2015 has been good to you so far! As I reflect on the year that has past and look forward to 2015, 2014 was a good year...running wise anyway. Overall it was good. Some of my running highlights were running 2 half marathons, running the Hot Chocolate 15K and running part of that with my aunt and my niece. I also did the Indian Mud Run and several 5Ks as well. 

So as we head into 2015, I don't know what it's doing in your neck of the woods, but here in Ohio winter has finally arrived. And though I appreciate the beauty of Winter...I am not a fan of it. It wrecks havoc on the running schedule. Now I can tolerate running in the colder temps...ran the other day in 17 degree weather (with the wind chill of -3) and though it wasn't the most pleasant, I got it done. However....today I finally had to bite the bullet and move my runs to the indoor track at Kids America. And no offense to Kids America...they have a nice track...very clean...and usually at the time I go it's hardly crowded at all...but honestly.....even with the track being empty....there is just something incredibly mind numbing about running in a circle...kind of like running on a treadmill....which is just as bad...running and going NOWHERE!!! I think that is the part that I have a problem with...feeling like you're going nowhere...ugh....kind of like life some days right??? Can I get a witness here?? Sigh....so as I sit here with my hot coffee counting down the days on my calendar until Spring gets here, I am thinking about running season and what plans I have for running in 2015. So far the only things I have definitely on my calendar of course is the Capital City Half Marathon in Columbus in May and of course the local obstacle race the Indian Mud Run which I actually talked my hubby into doing with me this year...woohoo!! The only other race so far that I have my eye on is the Shawshank Hustle which will be held in Mansfield in July. I love the movie and I guess the course goes past many of the places they filmed to movie...so sounds like fun :) .....Oh and to start off the new year, I did sign up to do the Run The Edge 2,015 Miles in 2015. Now I'm not doing all 2,015 miles myself. I signed up with another runner and we are splitting the miles between us...so yes I have plans to do just a little over 1,000 miles in 2015. It's going to be a slight stretch considering I only did about 940 miles in 2014...so it is possible...just going to be a challenge to get those extra miles in....and you know I'm not one to shy away from a challenge ;)

So that's it for now...I know, not much but.......every year since 2011 I have chosen a word as my "Word of the Year"....and as I pondered about what my word for this year would be, I finally came to rest on the word "LESS". This year I just feel the need to purge, organize and declutter my life. To do more with less...to have less things bogging me down...to enjoy more people and less things. To spend more time with God and less time with things that don't matter. This year is going to be a year of change for our family...my oldest will be going off to college in the fall...I want to spend as much time with him this year before he leaves the nest. If that means less time doing races, then so be it....races will come and go...family is what matters. So on that note....happy 2015 and we shall see what the year brings us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment